Friday 8 April 2011

Teavana = Love

I do believe we need to treat ourselves every now and then
Although I don't do it often, when I do it's usually something special
This morning this came in the post for me












Years ago Paul and I went to Orlando, Florida and went to a tea shop in The Florida Mall called Teavana
I was handed a sample of a tea blend and it blew my mind!
It was Rooibos Tropica and Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls
I'd never tried loose tea before, but I loved herbal teas
Loose teas are sooo much better than tea bags!
The guy in the shop was so lovely and helpful and let me smell all the different teas
I had discovered something amazing!
I bought the blend I tried and took it home
Which resulted in me craving it when I ran out and having to order over the phone
Not an easy task
Every time I tried to do it I spoke to a man who was in blissed out, hippy tea heaven
"Helloooooooooo welllllcoommmmmme to Teaaaaaavannnna" (This welcome seemed to last a whole minute)
Not good when you're calling abroad!
But I loved the tea and continued to buy it for years
For some reason I stopped buying it and went back to tea bags
(My favorite by the way, is Yogi Tea Green Energy-Yum!)
Then last week I thought, I spend so much money on tea bags why don't I order from Teavana again
So I did!
It came today and I am so happy
The intoxicating blend filled my head and brought back lovely memories of that first time I tried it
I also bought a new one called "Weight to go"
I'm not a huge coffee person, but I've found green tea and Pu-erh tea give me a good pick up when I need it
Just read the description of the tea:
Smile inwardly while convincing your taste buds they are enjoying a forbidden treat. Fresh mint, ripe strawberries and crisp apples provide a burst of refreshment in this rare diet blend of Oolong and Pu-erh teas.
And it smells AMAZING!
This is the tea!













Doesn't it look like some fancy cereal?
I've actually realised buying these probably cost a less than buying herbal and green teabags
Seriously, how did I do without it for so long?
If you drink alot of tea and haven't tried this-Get some!
I wish we had Teavana shops in the UK, but it's probably a blessing in disguise as I'd always be stopping in for a tea and end up poor!
















Come to me, my little pot of bliss!

3 comments:

  1. I love Teavana! We have one in Maryland, and I used to go all the time in college (they also have bubble tea! mmmm). I am surprised there are none in the UK. I tend to think Teavana is sorta like tea's Starbucks, which is practically everywhere now.

    Do you have one of those nifty wire loose tea steepers? They come in lots of fun shapes and sizes. I have one in the shape of a heart and I love it!

    Now I have to plan a trip to Teavana! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am a big-time tea drinker, and I think I will have to give them a try. I agree with you that loose tea is best. I like to use fresh herbs from my garden too. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they look soooooo deeeeeelicioooousss!!!

    Sorry, was practicing that Hippy Tea Heaven thing! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!