Friday 5 August 2011

Some Birthday Pictures

So, Wednesday was my birthday!
I decided I really wanted to visit a museum or gallery
I've lived in London over 4 years now and there are still so many places I want to visit but I haven't got round to it
I've decided to make a list and actually get round to visiting them

I woke up and Paul had put some balloons up!
Perfect colours!
We always do that every birthday
He takes his down the day after, and I like to keep mine up at least a week to extend the birthday feeling!
haha! Sorry Paul!
Last birthday I threw him a Teenage mutant ninja turtles party (He loved them when he was younger) With banners, paper plates and balloons!
I love kid inspired birthdays!
Now, I love a bargain, so I was excited when I saw a pack of like 200 balloons in the £1 shop with lots of green ones
On the morning I planned to do about 10, but they were easy to blow up so I ended up doing about 30!
Not a good idea!
By the time Paul had got up my upper lip was red, sore and swollen, like I'd nipped out for a quick lip job as a birthday surprise!
Not a good look
Luckily after about an hour it went down, it was funny after but I won't be doing that again!
By a pump people! haha

















Now, apparently I have no self control so I opened some presents about a week before!
I got this lovely ring of Paul's parents
They read my blog and have read about my love for animal rings and got me this!
(Sorry about the blurry pics)

















It's Sisco!











Also, I treated myself to the Disney gold coloured apple ring
My Nana always called my the apple of her eye and it reminds me of her whenever I look at it

















Paul ordered this card off ebay
Some guy draws them and sells prints of his artwork!
Love Gremlins














































Paul also got me this Disney Couture bangle (I chose it)
I love these bangles as they are really high quality and I love the quotes on them
This one says 'Believing is just the beginning'













My mum sent me wine, flowers and balloons as a surprise
She told me the day before as she couldn't keep it a secret!
See where I get it from?

















I love lilies!
We always used to buy them from my Nana
She'd always end up with stains on all her cardi's from where she brushed passed the pollen
I keep getting a smell of them and it's lovely


























Cute cup from my sister

















We ended up visiting Natural History Museum
I don't know what I was thinking
'Hey, it's boiling hot and humid, let's go to a really busy tourist spot'
haha
It was nice though, but SO hot!
The building is beautiful




































































I loved this room upstairs full of stones and crystals







































So amazing!














































































As we were near, we went to Whole Foods (love that place)
I ended up spending a silly amount on some vegan cheese, sausages, incense sticks and LOADS of condiments!
I'm the condiment queen!
And when we got back these two little boys from across the road were waiting to say happy birthday!
Oh, and check out my tomato plants!
Not only did I manage to keep them alive, but they're huge

















In the evening Paul cooked us some yummy food and we watched t.v.
It was a lovely, lovely day
I wish I had two birthdays a year!
haha
Oh, the day before Sisco tried to get in with a bird :(
She probably thought it was a good present
Naughty little girl!

Remember to check out my giveaway!
And have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and got so many lovely gifts! I'm a fan of Disney Couture too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Birthday! I'm glad you had an awesome day, I love the natural history museum a whole lot, dinosaurs are the best! Such great gifts too, I love getting balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post! I love all the pics! Dinosaur bones on your birthday! AMAZING!!!
    It looks like such a cute, fun birthday. Glad you had a good one!!
    Oh, and what color is on your nails in the ring picture? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire it looks like you had an amazing birthday! I love the cat ring, bangle, and the mug. It looks like everyone really knows your taste, your a lucky girl.

    Have a lovely weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks like you had an amazing birthday Claire. I love the ring, bangle, and mug. It looks like you family really knows your taste, lucky girl.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ginnysaurusrex
    The polish is Barry M red glitter. It's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! The Natural History museum always makes me think of the first time we took our kids there, they were SOOO disappointed. Why? Well, we'd forgot to mention that the dinosaurs we were going to see were all dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (belated) Birthday!! Looks like you had an awesome day! So cute that your bf got balloons :D I hope this is your best year yet! xxxx
    (p.s I did two weeks work experience in the Natural History Museum when I was 15, it was fun!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!