Wednesday 16 January 2013

Being Mostly Raw

As I mentioned in a previous post I said I was going to try and eat raw food for 3 days
Instead I've done it up until around 6-ish, then had a normal meal
But I've done it for over week
I've just stuck to plain raw fruit/veg, juices, smoothies, courgette pasta and raw soups
I'd had raw soups before, but this time I added avocado and it really made a difference
I feel so much better
And the food was really yummy!
If i lived somewhere warm, I'd definitely eat mostly raw

Here are some of my favourites

Celery, cucumber, apple, lemon & ginger juice
Tomato, red pepper, celery, cucumber and lemon juice - So good
Pineapple and cucumber juice - So refreshing
Frozen berries & frozen banana blended to make a 'ice cream' - Yum! 
Courgette 'pasta'

One of the nicest soups I made was based on this Carrot Avocado Soup recipe 
But I left out garlic, olive oil and green onion (I didn't have them) and added kale and cayenne pepper
I've had this one a lot, it doesn't sound like much but it's really filling
 I took a few pics, but green soup doesn't look that pretty! ha!
As the week went on, I actually found myself craving it

Here are some of the things I've been eating
Frozen Berries and Banana - Heaven in a bowl!
I love courgette 'pasta'
I made the sauce with:
1/2 red pepper
 1/2 Avocado 
1 stick of Celery
 1 large Tomato,
 Cayenne pepper and some Salt & Pepper blended all up
I also added some Tomato as a garnish
You can also add nutritional yeast at the end, it give's it a cheesy flavour
This was frozen berries and banana with raw Cacao powder - Sooo good!
I can honestly say I feel SO much better
I know it may sound cheesy, but I feel more alive
Since I've been eating like this I don't get the afternoon slump anymore
Over Winter, I'd often feel like I needed a nap around 4
I don't feel as bloated and I'm pretty sure my skin looks better
I also feel better mentally, more positive
I still had a coffee each morning and herbal teas throughout the day, so it wasn't too bad with the cold
Also, adding cayenne pepper to your food really warms you up 
After being ill before Christmas, I'd not really felt myself and I can honestly say over the last week I feel great!
I'm going to carry on eating this way
And if you are having a bit of a Winter slump, I'd recommend eating more raw
If you want to ask any questions, just comment

Claire
x

7 comments:

  1. All the food looks delicious! I'm a veggie but I'm wanting to add more raw and smoothies/juices to my diet :)
    Thank you for posting this, it's really helpful!
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      I ate quite simply over the week, but there are lots of blogs and site with more interesting recipes
      x

      Delete
  2. hello! i'm glad it went/is going well for you! i've been sugar free and it means i've been eating loads more vegetables and wholefoods.... i like raw food, but yeah, i like the thought of eating hot foods in winter too! i'd definitely like to add more raw to my diet and i like the look of the courgette pasta.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I've had it before, but this time added avocado and red pepper and it made it nicer!

      Delete
  3. As a vegetarian I do eat a lot of raw food. I did go for 2 weeks on just raw as a cleanse but I added some veggies I was not used to. Lots of Kale! I felt great the first week but then all that Kale got to me.

    I like to eat raw a few days a week now and yes you do feel better. I must say though that even cutting out anything fried makes a huge difference. I have not had fried food in many years and when on occasion I do I don't feel too great.

    So glad you have embraced this delicious way of eating.

    Have a great weekend Claire,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. You do feel way better when you eat raw roods. Thanks for commenting on my blog post. Hope you have a great weekend. Yes, Vegan's rule. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try that frozen berry, banana and cacao powder!! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!